1. Remove auto injector from protective case.
2. Firmly grasp the auto injector in your fist with thumbs in.
3. Remove the blue safety cap.
4. Place the orange tip of the auto injector against the outer aspect of the thigh. The injector can be used directly through clothing.
5. With a quick motion, swing and jab the auto injector firmly against your thigh.
6. Hold the injector in place for 10 seconds to allow the medication to be dispensed. Pull away from thigh. Massage injection area for several seconds.
7. Carefully bend the needle back by hitting the needle end against a hard surface and place needle first into the protective case.
8. Call 911 or go directly to the Emergency department after injecting the EpiPen™.
9. Take the auto injector with you to the Emergency department so it can be disposed of properly.
* Check your EpiPen™ expiration date regularly.
* Keep your EpiPen™ at room temperature. Do not store in car or expose to direct sunlight.
* Use can be reviewed at Epipen.com.Leave a reply →